Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Knot Program

As time has gone on, this blog has become less for about those that read it and more about what I want to record for myself.

Because of my eyes I have kept close to home these days, so I've done a lot of progamming on my knot program. It is now a full C++ implemetation. I doubt that I could have implemented some of the recursive  procedures of the resolving tree without using C++. Also C++ allowed me to implement the Laurent polynomials with overloaded operators.





I now have a collection of over 500 knots and links in my own format. This includes all knots upto 10 crossings.
 


I have implemented the Kauffman bracket polynomial algortihm and completely compute the resolving tree down to the Seifert circles and can plot any or all intermediate steps. For example:



reworked the gnuplot routine for plotting knot diagrams
they are now annotated with orientation information at each
crossing. Orientation is computed as a crossproduct.

 

I correctly enumerate all colorings of a know with elimination
of those that are a permutation away. For eample a coloring with not triple points.



I correctly checkerboard all knots up to 10 crossings.




The output is now setup to be imported into excel sheets.

Bugs, bugs, bugs, they must all die.

No comments:

Post a Comment