Monday, November 19, 2012

10/29-11/5

I am back in Taiwan. This is the 4th year in a row that I am living 5 or 6 months in Taiwan.I put a lot of effort into the previous blogs but don't plan to spend so much time organizing and planning this time.
I reread my previous blogs at:

tainanchineseclass.blogspot.tw
mikeess-trip.blogspot.tw
mikeintaipei.blogspot.tw

now I am at:

mikeintaipei2.blogspot.tw

It's simpler to just do sequential weeks with random thought.

This week went fast, we got our apartment from last year and got setup quick.

Halloween was this week and although ghosts are popular in Taiwan, Halloween is not a big holiday. But there were a few in costume. Could be Riley's competitor.

As I've noted before English pronunciation has almost no rules, so in Taiwan you get some phonetically correct names that are propably spelling contest incorrect.
We went to a wedding last weekend, so many people taking pictures, I didn't get a good one. This was my best.
The wedding was setup for 270 people, you know with so many people the food can't be too good. But the

purpose of such a wedding is for socializing anyway. There was one new "wedding event", the bride chosse 10 of her friends and the groom chose 10 of his friends as teams in a drinking contest. Both had to drink beer from pitchers using a straw, the girls one pitcher, the boys two pitchers. I couldn't see who won.

No comments:

Post a Comment